Oven baked ground beef nachos with cheese
These delicious cheese nachos with beef and various toppings will make any dinner party finger licking good. And they are very easy to make.
- 1 medium size bag of tortilla chips
- ½ pound (or 250 g) minced beef / ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Taco spices
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons spring onions
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
Prepare the beef topping
Add olive oil to a skillet and glaze the diced onions and garlic on medium heat.
Add the beef mince in small pieces to the skillet with the onions and garlic and increase the heat. Brown the mince for 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and add taco spices to taste.
Preparation of the oven dish
Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 350°F).
Shred the Cheddar cheese, dice the tomatoes and jalapeño pepper.
Place the nachos chips evenly in an oven dish.
Add the fried beef and onion mix.
Sprinkle the tomato and jalapeño evenly on top.
Finish off with the shredded cheese
Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Finish the Nachos and cheese
- Add additional toppings (sour cream, avocado and fresh cilantro) according to taste. Serve these extra toppings in small plates next to the dish. Don't add fresh sour cream or avocado / guacamole on warm food.
- I have used Cheddar cheese, but any easy melting cheese can be used, like mozzarella, Emmental, Gruyere, Gouda,...