Caprese salad with burrata cheese
This Caprese salad with burrata and arugula puts Italy on a plate by combining delicious Italian ingredients. The ripe and juicy tomatoes give this dish its sweetness, the peppery arugula its tanginess, while the fresh basil leaves provide colour and aroma and the soft burrata cheese a creamy and buttery texture.
Calories per serving: 352kcal
- 2 vine tomatoes sliced or cut into wedges
- 4.4 ounces (or 125grams) fresh burrata cheese ball
- 3 cups (60 grams) arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a plate. Carefully place the burrata ball alongside the tomatoes.
Arrange the arugula leaves on the plate. Top the tomatoes with the fresh basil leave.
Drizzle olive oil and balsamic syrup over the tomatoes, burrata cheese and the arugula.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the amount in this card when serving the burrata caprese as an appetizer for 2 people. Serve either all ingredients on one plate to share or divide the ingredients over two plate, one per person.
- Double the amount when serving this dish as a light meal or summer salad for 2 people.