Pear and gorgonzola salad with roasted pecans
This gorgonzola and pear salad combines crispy Romaine lettuce with peppery arugula, creamy gorgonzola cheese, sweet pear and pecans. The flavours of this sweet and savoury salad are balanced with a honey mustard dressing.
For the salad
- 2 cups (or 100 g) Romaine lettuce torn into small pieces
- 2 cups (or 50 g) Arugula or Rocket lettuce
- 1 pear cored and cut in to bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup (2 ounces or 50 grams) Gorgonzola cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons pecans chopped
For the vinaigrette dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, add the mustard, honey, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Add the olive oil and whisk well to combine.
Toast the pecans in a dry pan on medium heat for 2 minutes.
In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce leaves, arugula, pear, gorgonzola and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- You can serve in a large salad bowl or use individual bowls or plates.