Dill pickle potato salad
This easy potato salad recipe is filled with crunchy dill pickles and pearl onions. A dash of mayonnaise and mustard dressing brings this salad together as the perfect side dish for a whole range of main dishes in both winter and summertime.
- 1.5 lb (or 700 grams) red skinned potatos peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup (or 50 grams) dill pickles chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled pearl onions
- ¼ white onion peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- spring onion cut in rings
- fresh parsley chopped
- fresh thyme
Peel the potatoes and cut in to bite-size pieces. Bring water to the boil in a large pot and cook the potatoes until tender. Drain the water and leave to cool in a colander.
Peel and finely dice the onion, cut the dill pickles into small pieces and halve the pickled pearl onions.
In a mixing bowl, add the cooled potatoes, onion, pearl onion and dill pickles. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and toss to combine evenly.
Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day in an airtight container.
Serve in a bowl and garnish with fresh parsley, fresh thyme leaves or spring onion.
- Depending on the size of the potatoes, they may need a longer or shorter time to cook. Check with a fork if they are tender and ready.