BBQ Grilled potatoes in foil packets
Grilled potatoes in foil packets make a perfect BBQ side dish when cooking outdoors on the grill. These campfire potatoes with rosemary and garlic pair wonderfully with any type of grilled meat, fish or vegetables.
Calories per serving: 235kcal
- 12 ounces (350 g) baby potatoes washed and unpeeled
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Fresh Rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder mild
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 pinch seasalt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
Wash the baby potatoes well, no need to peel them. Take a mixing bowl and combine the potatoes with the curry powder, paprika powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss the potatoes with the spices and olive oil until well coated.
Tear a piece of 18 inches (or 50 cm) heavy duty aluminium foil. Put the coated potatoes in the middle of the foil sheet. Place the crushed garlic and rosemary sprigs over the potatoes.
Fold the opposite sides of the foil in towards the middle until the edges meet. Crimp around all the edges to seal. Leave enough room for the steam and heat to move inside the foil packet. The packet will look like a little purse.
Place the foil packet on the gas grill or wood/charcoal fire and cook for 40 minutes, or until soft. When cooked, remove the packet from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes. Open the foil packets carefully, the steam inside will be hot.
- I use whole baby potatoes in this recipe. Keep in mind that should you cut the potatoes in half or use smaller sized potatoes, the cooking time will be lower than indicated here.