Tuna stuffed mini peppers
Tuna stuffed mini peppers are a healthy, colourful and sweet delight. Perfect as finger food at dinner parties or starter for a family meal.
- 20 sweet mini peppers
- 1 can (140 gr or 5 ounces) tuna in water or olive oil drained
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 50 grams zucchini finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 50 grams green olives finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- dried basil
- fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F. Cut the mini peppers in half vertically, remove the seeds and the white membrane but leave the top of the stem.
Drain the water or olive oil from the tuna. If using tuna in olive oil, keep the oil apart. In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, onions, olives, zucchini and sour cream and mix well. Add more sour cream if the mixture is too dry. Add salt, pepper and dried basil to taste.
Place the pepper halves in an oven dish and fill the pepper boats with the mixture. Sprinkle with olive olive from the can of tuna, or use bottled olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
Add freshly ground pepper on top and fresh basil leaves and serve warm.
- The tuna stuffed peppers can be served as finger food at a dinner party or on a plate as a starter. Count about 5 mini pepper halves as a starter dish or 2-3 mini peppers per person as finger food on an appetizer platter.
- All colours of peppers will work; green, yellow, orange and red. The red mini peppers have a nice and sweet flavour so they get my personal preference.